High-Performance Universal Shapeoko Laser | Upgrade Kit with PLH3D-6W-XF+ and LaserDock
High-Performance All-Inclusive PLH3D-6W-XF+ Shapeoko Laser Upgrade Kit that allows you to add precision laser cutting and laser engraving functionalities to any Shapeoko Series CNC machine. This Shapeoko laser is based on the most powerful laser diode in the world and all vital components are plastic-free to ensure top user safety.
Warning: Last items in stock!
- Read reviews (3)
- Write a review
Select Additional Kit Components
Summer Sale 2022
Spare Units of Kit-Included Accessories
Availability: In stock
Manufacturer: Opt Lasers
Individual Kit Parts
Universal XF+ Shapeoko Laser
Our Universal Shapeoko Laser Upgrade Kit enables you to upgrade your Shapeoko CNC Series machine (Shapeoko, Shapeoko 2, Shapeoko 3, Shapeoko 4, Shapeoko Pro XL and Shapeoko Pro XXL) with high precision laser engraving and laser cutting functionalities. It is a professional laser upgrade kit made with the highest quality components. The mounting and wiring are designed with the focus on the easiness of installation and the quality of user experience.
Advantages of XF+ Shapeoko Laser Upgrade
- Simple user-focused installation on all Shapeoko Series CNC machines. PLH3D-CNC Adapter ensures compatibility with all future releases of Shapeoko Series CNC machines. As a result, you will still be able to use your XF+ shapeoko laser if you get an upgrade to new releases of Shapeoko Series.
- Laser Diode Driver is integrated inside the laser head for flawless performance.
- Compatible with the High-Pressure Air Assist Nozzle, which can increase your laser processing speed by up to 6.5 times compared to the base speed (typically doubling or tripling your laser cutting and engraving speed).
- Compatible with the uSpot Lens Upgrade, which significantly increases the optical power density, the resolution obtained as well as boosts laser engraving and laser cutting speed by up to 2.5 times the base speed (typically allowing you to achieve 40% to 80% higher throughput).
- The kit includes the LaserDock laser docking station, which allows you to quickly attach and detach your XF+ shapeoko laser. The LaserDock ensures that the laser head is always placed back at the exact same spot. Repeated laser attachment and disattachment is not problematic anymore as it doesn’t require working distance calibration reruns.
- The achievable precision allows you to complete projects that are simply not possible with just a spindle. The majority of our laser head users earn money with their laser units.
- No additional cooling is needed, the XF+ shapeoko laser incorporates the strongest fan for its size to provide the best cooling and to remove smoke.
What's the difference between 6 W and 7+ W Shapeoko Laser Units that are available on the market?
Our Shapeoko Laser Heads are based on the highest power laser diodes that are available on the market. Therefore, if you see any cnc laser module that uses a single laser diode with an optical power rated at 7 W or 8+ W, it means its laser diode has been overdriven with additional current to increase the power rating. This, however, has an adverse effect on the unit longevity. From the user's perspective, it is better to use a 6 W shapeoko laser, because you will achieve much higher yield over our 6 W laser head's lifetime. Nevertheless, if you are happy with a shorter laser diode lifespan, we could overdrive the laser diode for your shapeoko laser upgrade to 7 W upon request.
All Vital Elements are Plastic-Free to Ensure User Safety While Using Your Cutting Laser for Shapeoko
Our XF+ Shapeoko Laser, just like the rest of our laser heads and other products, does not contain crucial elements that are made of plastic. Being aware of what any Shapeoko CNC machine operation involves as well as its working conditions, we made a decision not to use any plastic in all crucial parts to ensure proper user safety. This is especially important for shapeoko laser housing and assembly parts. While it might seem that plastic elements are safe for use, they can easily bend or break. If that happens, the Shapeoko CNC user has little to no control over where the scattered or direct laser radiation goes, which constitutes a major safety hazard.
Includes Our Highest Quality Engraving and Cutting Laser Head - PLH3D-6W-XF+
XF+ is a best-selling 6 W laser from PLH3D Series. Featuring a robust high-quality design, it is a professional high-performance engraving and cutting laser head designed for hobbyists and industrial applications alike. This Shapeoko Laser is compatible with every single Shapeoko Series CNC machine, including Shapeoko Pro XL, Shapeoko Pro XXL, Shapeoko 4 Standard, Shapeoko 4 XL and Shapeoko 4 XXL. It is also compatible with all the previous generations of Shapeoko CNC machines such as Shapeoko, Shapeoko 2 Series and Shapeoko 3 Series (Shapeoko 3 Standard, Shapeoko 3 XL and Shapeoko 3 XXL). Even though the kit already includes a power supply unit, the XF+ laser for shapeoko is compatible with a wide range of common PSUs. The XF+ shapeoko laser has the strongest-for-its-size fan to provide the best cooling as well as smoke removal. What is more, the kit is shipped with a lens adjusting tool (lens spanner wrench), which facilitates changing the focus distance in case the shapeoko laser user wishes to do so.
You can also discover further interesting information about the Cutting and Engraving Shapeoko Laser 6W-Series.
Why the PLH3D-CNC Universal Adapter is Beneficial for Controlling Your Shapeoko Lasing Unit?
The fundamental functionality of the PLH3D-CNC Adapter is to “arm” and “disarm” shapeoko laser heads. Arming is understood as turning the laser head power supply on. Once armed, the cutting and engraving laser can then emit the laser processing beam. Conversely, disarming (turning off the laser power supply) brings the shapeoko laser unit to a safe state where emitting the laser beam is utterly impossible.
The adapter also provides the means to swiftly check the shapeoko laser by generating a short laser pulse at maximum power. At the same time, this feature also verifies if you wired your shapeoko laser head correctly.
Built-in safety features prevent unexpected behavior and misuse in case of an emergency. The key switch guards the cutting shapeoko laser against being armed by minors and other unauthorized people. Arming the laser is always done manually by the user (by pressing a button). In addition, special circuitry prevents laser arming in case of any malfunction of the internal electronics.
More importantly, your shapeoko laser module is automatically disarmed in case of emergencies such as:
- Disconnecting or Breaking the Laser Head Wire
- Loss of the Power Grid
- Power Supply Unit Failure
Once disarmed, your shapeoko laser module stays in a safe state and rearming demands the user to press the mode button.
Key PLH3D-CNC Adapter Features:
- One-Second Laser Pulse Test
- Universal Compatibility With All PLH3D Series Laser Heads in Case You Would Like to Get an Upgrade to New Laser Head Releases, our Multi-Laser-Diodes Lasers or Specialized Laser Heads.
- Soft Start
- Built-in Smart Microcontroller
- Indication LEDs - Power, Armed, Laser On
- Two Programmable Enable Inputs
- Two External Safety Terminals (For Instance: Safety Key, E-Stop)
- Automatic Disarm After Power-Off
- Keylock for Preventing Unauthorized People From Usage
- Quality Machined Aluminum Enclosure
- Simple One-Button System (For Arming, Pulse Testing and Adapter Program Setting)
- Bear in mind that your Shapeoko CNC PLH3D-6W-XF+ laser is not a toy.
- Laser radiation is dangerous even when scattered or reflected from any type of surface.
- Always use proper protection laser filter on your CNC machine designed for the 430 - 480 nm wavelength band to avoid reflected radiation.
- Never point laser head at animals or other people.
- Do not touch the laser beam, it can cause burns or other injuries.
- Do not glare at the beam or the beam spot while the material is being cut.
- Laser radiation - Avoid eye or skin exposure to scattered or direct radiation.
- Class 4 laser product when properly powered.