LaserDock Magnetic Docking Station
This docking station is designed to allow PLH3D-6W–Series laser heads to quickly connect or disconnect from machines. Aids easy removal of the laser head when it is not in use. Protects the laser unit from oils, metal particles, and dust. Includes an Aluminium cover that shields the mechanical surfaces and electronic contacts which interface with the laser head.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability: In stock
Manufacturer: Opt Lasers
About the PLH3D-6W LaserDock Magnetic Docking Station
- Protects the laser head from contamination, which can affect its lifetime
- Facilitates quick removal when different tools are used on the same machine
- Neodymium magnetic inserts ensure easy mounting as well as stable and repeatable alignment
- Utilizes secure 3-point suspension in between male and female parts of the docking station to uniformly distribute axial forces and minimize the planar distortion of the laser head
- Enables electronic connection via 5 gold plated contacts
This product allows the laser head to be protected from contamination from dust or metal particles, as well as oils. These can accumulate on the lens surface, fan motor, air channels, as well as the body of the unit, even if the laser head is turned off. The presence of such contaminants can require maintenance or shorten the lifetime of the module. The docking station solves this problem and allows the laser head to be put aside while not in use.
A machined Aluminium cover with magnetic inserts is additionally included to allow the docking station to be kept clean at the electronic contacts and mechanical surfaces that interface with the laser head. A small amount of compressed air or a brush may be used to remove any dust before connecting the laser head to the docking station.
The laser docking station is shipped with 120mm long cable with attached 5-pin terminals on both ends. The cable is meant to be connected between PLH3D-6W-Series engraving laser head and LaserDock Magnetic Docking Station.
This unit ships with the necessary mounting screws (2x each of M3 x 10, M3 x 14, and M4 x 10) for connecting to the laser head. Assembly takes a few minutes.