Universal CNC Laser Upgrade Kit with PLH3D-2W
Universal CNC Laser Upgrade Kit with PLH3D-2W includes all needed parts to connect your laser head to a CNC machine or 3D printer.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability: In stock
Manufacturer: Opt Lasers
Individual Kit Parts
The parts included in the Universal Laser Upgrade with PLH3D-2W Laser Head are listed above, in the section “Individual Kit Parts”
About the PLH3D-2W Engraving Laser Head
PLH3D-2W is the medium power 2W professional engraving laser head. This laser head allows to cut or engrave materials such as wood, paper, leather, cardboard, and many others.
This lightweight 70-gram laser head doesn’t require any additional cooling. Fan design makes it work as a fully customized air nozzle protecting the lens from dirt and cooling the laser head. PLH3D-2W works with common 12 V power supply (min 1.5 A current).
The driver is equipped with an LED indicator, which displays all the required information. The temperature control system would turn off the laser head in case of exceeding critical temperature. The small-sized driver attached directly to the laser head improves the speed of diode modulation. This also allows connecting longer cables to the head.
Analog modulation enables the user to control the laser power. 0 V = laser OFF, 5 V laser ON, 2 V ~40% power. This can also work as TTL using a voltage from 0 to 5 V.
In order to modulate power through PWM, the base frequency has to be set between 5 and 10 kHz. Conducted thermal tests on several prototypes allowed us to optimize the radiator’s shape and enable efficient cooling, keeping up with a small size of the device. Besides the standard functionality, small sized laser spot gives the possibility to illuminate plates, covered with a photosensitive surface, which gives a chance for very quick PCB prototyping.
You can find out further information about our universal 2W engraving laser.
About the PLH3D-CNC Universal Laser Adapter
The key function of the PLH3D-CNC Adapter is to “arm” and “disarm” the laser head. Arming means turning the head power supply on; the armed head is then able to generate laser beam. Disarming (turning the head power supply off) brings the laser head in a safe state where generating laser beam is fully impossible.
The laser head may be checked by generating a short laser pulse at maximum power.
Built-in safety means prevent misuse and unexpected behavior at emergency. The key switch protects the laser head against arming by children and other unauthorized persons. Arming the laser head is always done manually by the user, by pressing a button. A special circuitry prevents arming at any malfunction of internal electronics. The laser head is being automatically disarmed in case of emergency: loss of the mains supply, PSU failure, breaking or disconnecting the laser head cable. After disarming, the system remains in a safe state and rearming always requires pressing the button by the user.
Key features of the PLH3D-CNC Adapter:
- Soft Start
- Indication LEDs - power, armed, laser working
- Build-in microcontroller - watchdog
- Two programmable enable inputs
- Two external safety terminals (for example: safety key, E-Stop)
- Automatic disarm after power off
- One second laser test
- Compatibility with the PLH3D laser heads
- Keylock for preventing use by unauthorized personnel
- Machined aluminum quality enclosure
- One button system (arm, test and setting of enable modes)
- Remember that it is not a toy.
- Laser radiation is dangerous even when scattered or reflected from any surface.
- Always use proper protection laser filter on your CNC machine dedicated to 430 - 480 nm in order to avoid reflected radiation.
- Never point laser head at people or animals.
- Do not touch the beam, it may cause burns or another injury.
- Do not stare at the beam or the beam spot while the material is being cut.
- Laser radiation - Avoid eye or skin exposure to direct or scattered radiation.
- Class 4 laser product.