Prusa Laser Upgrade Kit with PLH3D-2W
Manufacturer: Opt Lasers
In stock Last items in stock!
Individual Kit Parts
About the PLH3D-2W Engraving Laser Head
PLH3D-2W is the medium power 2W professional engraving laser head. This laser head allows to cut or engrave materials such as wood, paper, leather, cardboard, and many others.
This lightweight 70-gram laser head doesn’t require any additional cooling. Fan design makes it work as a fully customized air nozzle protecting the lens from dirt and cooling the laser head. PLH3D-2W works with common 12 V power supply (min 1.5 A current).
The driver is equipped with an LED indicator, which displays all the required information. The temperature control system would turn off the laser head in case of exceeding critical temperature. The small-sized driver attached directly to the laser head improves the speed of diode modulation. This also allows connecting longer cables to the head.
Analog modulation enables the user to control the laser power. 0 V = laser output power 0W (but still armed), 5 V = max. output power of the laser, 2 V ~40% power. This can also work as TTL using a voltage from 0 to 5 V.
In order to modulate power through PWM, the base frequency has to be set between 5 and 10 kHz. Conducted thermal tests on several prototypes allowed us to optimize the radiator’s shape and enable efficient cooling, keeping up with a small size of the device. Besides the standard functionality, small sized laser spot gives the possibility to illuminate plates, covered with a photosensitive surface, which gives a chance for very quick PCB prototyping.
More information about laser head is here.
- Remember that it is not a toy.
- Laser radiation is dangerous even when scattered or reflected from any surface.
- Always use proper protection laser filter on your CNC machine dedicated to 430 - 480 nm in order to avoid reflected radiation.
- Never point laser head at people or animals.
- Do not touch the beam, it may cause burns or another injury.
- Do not stare at the beam or the beam spot while the material is being cut.
- Laser radiation - Avoid eye or skin exposure to direct or scattered radiation.
- Class 4 laser product.
|Focus Distance||20 - 120 mm|
|Focused Beam Spot Size @ 50 mm||0,1 x 0,1 mm|
|Focused Beam Spot Size @ 80 mm||0,1 x 0,18 mm|
|Modulation Input Voltage Range||0 - 5 V|
|Modulation Type||Analog / TTL|
|Laser Diode Wavelength||450 nm|
|Max. Laser Diode Optical Power||2 W|