X-Carve and Shapeoko 1-3 Mount to PLH3D-Series
This X-Carve® and Shapeoko Cutting Laser Module, Mount allows quick installation of PLH3D-Series laser heads on Inventables™’ X-Carve and Shapeoko CNC machines. It has mounting holes on two levels to allow different working distances. The Mount is compatible with the LaserDock Docking Station to facilitate the convenient change of tools and prevent contamination of the laser when it is not in use.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability: In stock
Manufacturer: Opt Lasers
About the X-Carve and Shapeoko PLH3D Holder
- Quick and simple installation of PLH3D-Series laser heads on Inventables™’ X-Carve® machines
- Quick and simple installation of PLH3D-Series laser on Shapeoko machines
- Compatible with our PLH3D-6W-XF, PLH3D-6W, and PLH3D-2W laser heads, as well as the LaserDock Docking Station
- Has mounting holes on two levels for adapting to different working distances
- Contains mounting screws.
This mount for X-Carve® and cutting and engraving Shapeoko laser units allows quick installation of PLH3D-Series laser heads on Inventables™’ X-Carve and Shapeoko CNC machines. Using three screws the Mount can be quickly connected to the X-Carve or Shapeoko. The laser head can then be connected to the Mount as it would be via the four M3 mounting holes.
The X-Carve and Shapeoko Mount for PLH3D-Series has mounting holes on two levels, which allows for different working distances (the distance of the lens to the focus plane) to be set. An appropriate working distance can be chosen depending on the application, including properties of the material and other constraints.
- A shorter working distance a given lens results in a smaller beam spot size (tighter focus) and thus higher power density. It is often used for higher resolution engraving, higher speed engraving, cutting materials that are either, or any time a higher power density is preferred. However, the beam will also converge and diverge faster for a closer focus, so it is not always recommended for cutting all materials.
- A longer working distance produces a larger beam spot and thus lower power density. It is usually preferred for engraving a wider line, cutting a thicker material due to the reduced convergence and divergence, or when a long distance between the laser head and the plane of the object to be engraved is necessary. For setting the working distance of the frequently chosen High-Resolution Mounted Triplet Lens for PLH3D-Series, we recommend the PLH3D-Series Focus Adjuster accessory.
This mounting adapter is also designed to be compatible with the LaserDock Docking Station accessory. This allows convenient change of tools and prevents dust particles from contaminating the laser’s optics and electrical contacts.
All necessary mounting hardware for attaching the X-Carve and Shapeoko Mount to the machines is included.