One channel 5A 7,5-12V laser diode driver with thermal protection. Based on many inquiries from customers, this version of the LPLDD-5A-12V driver is equipped with thermal protection which switches off the laser diode circuit if the temperature exceeds 45 degrees of Celsius. Additional LEDs signalize the current status of the driver. 10A version of the driver is available.
Delivery time: days
Manufacturer: Opt Lasers
Available quantity: 10 Item Items Last items in stock!
This driver has
caseof normal operation, when a thermistor measures the temperature of a laser unit below 40 degrees of Celsius, the green LED is ON. Overheat pin status: High, output 5VDC.
- When the temperature measured by the thermistor reaches 40 degrees Celsius, the red LED starts blinking. Green LED is still ON. Overheat pin status: High, output 5VDC.
- When the temperature measured by a thermistor reaches 45 degrees Celsius, the red LED is ON, and the laser diode driver switches off. Overheat pin status: Low, output 0VDC. The laser diode driver will get to normal operation when the temperature measured by a thermistor is lower than 40 degrees.
- Two blinking LEDs means that there is no connection between the laser diode driver and a thermistor or the connection was temporarily lost. When the connection established - reset the driver. To reset the driver, disconnect and connect the power supply of the driver.
- Driver’s power input is protected by 12V transient-voltage-suppression diode.
- Modulation input of the driver is protected by
5V1Zener diode. Nevertheless, one should not use modulation voltage higher than 5V.
- The output of the driver is protected by the Schottky diode which doesn't allow the reverse voltage to appear as well protects from ESD.
Recommendations and requirements
The supply voltage should always be set higher than or equal to 3,3V. The minimum supply voltage for other situations is given by the formula:
Vin = 0,2* I + Vd
Vd is diode working voltage
I - operating current
Modulation input can be used as TTL input with its logic levels of 0V and 5V or as an analog input. Analog modulation means that by using 2,5 V on ANG input you get 50% of the preset (via potentiometer) current at the output, analogically by using 4 V you get 80% of the preset current value. 0
For powering the driver, we recommend the use a cable with cross-section
Test done using:
- 6W NUBM44 laser diode
- 15cm long 0.35mm2 wires
- 12V input voltage
- 80x80x20 heatsink on power MOSFET
|Dimensions||36 x 31 mm|
|Input Voltage||7,5 - 12 V|
|Max Ouptut Current||5 A|
|Max. Modulation Frequency||100 kHZ|
|Max. Power Dissipation||15W|
|Modulation Input Voltage Range||0 - 5 V|
|Pre-Set Current Setting||2000 mA|
|Softstart Time||1 ms|
|Temperature Sensor Type||10k NTC thermistor|
|Rise Time||less than 1.5µs|
|Fall Time||less than 1.5µs|
|Noise and Ripple (RMS)||12.5 mA|
|Minimum Current (3% Noise)||500 mA|