High-Performance RatRig KillerBee LEAD CNC Laser Upgrade with PLH3D-6W-XF+ and LaserDock
High-Performance All-Inclusive PLH3D-6W-XF+ Laser Upgrade Kit for KillerBee LEAD RatRig CNC allows you to add precision laser cutting and laser engraving functionalities to any RatRigCNC machine with BlackBox or xPro controller. This XF+ laser incorporates the most powerful laser diode in the world. All vital components are plastic-free to ensure top user safety.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Select Additional Kit Components
High-Pressure Air Assist Nozzle Kit
Additional Laser Safety Accessories
CNC Control Software
Lightburn CNC Software License
Spare Units of Kit-Included Accessories
Laser Safety Glasses
LaserDock Magnetic Docking Station
19V 2.5A Desktop Power Supply for PLH3D-CNC Adapter with adapter US/UK
High-Resolution Engraving Lens
High-Efficiency Engraving Lens
LEAD, WorkBee (BlackBox) Signal Cable for PLH3D-CNC Adapter
PLH3D-CNC Adapter to Laser Head Cable (7 m/22 ft)
Availability: In stock
Manufacturer: Opt Lasers
Individual Kit Parts
High-Performance All-Inclusive XF+ RatRig KillerBee / LEAD CNC Laser Add-on Kit
Our High-Performance All-Inclusive RatRig CNC Laser Upgrade Kit enables you to upgrade your RatRig LEAD or KillerBee CNC machine with high precision laser engraving and laser cutting functionalities. This RatRig CNC Laser Add-on Kit can also be used with any RatRig CNC Machine with BlackBox cor xPro controller. It is a professional laser upgrade kit made with the highest quality components. The mounting and wiring are designed with the focus on the easiness of installation and the quality of user experience.
Advantages of RatRig LEAD / KillerBee CNC Laser Upgrade with XF+ Laser Head
- Simple user-focused installation on all RatRig CNC machines. PLH3D-CNC Adapter ensures compatibility with all different CNC machine builds from RatRig parts store. You will effectively still be able to use your XF+ RatRig CNC laser if you get an upgrade to a different cnc machine build.
- Laser Diode Driver is integrated inside the laser head for flawless performance.
- Compatible with the High-Pressure Air Assist Nozzle for laser cutting and engraving, which increases your laser processing speed by up to 6.5 times compared to the base speed (typically doubling or tripling your laser cutting and engraving speed).
- Compatible with the uSpot Lens Upgrade for XF+, which significantly increases the resolution obtained, the optical power density as well as boosts laser engraving and laser cutting speed by up to 2.5 times the base speed (typically allowing you to achieve 40% to 80% higher throughput).
- The kit already includes the LaserDock System. This laser docking station allows you to quickly attach and detach your XF+ RatRig CNC laser from Opt Lasers. The LaserDock ensures that the laser head is always placed back exactly at the same spot on your RatRig CNC. Repeated laser attachment and disattachment are not a problem anymore as they don’t require working distance calibration reruns.
- The achievable precision allows you to complete projects that are simply not possible with just a milling bit or a spindle. The majority of our laser head users earn money with their laser units on RatRig machines.
- No additional cooling is needed, the Opt Lasers' XF+ laser for RatRig machines incorporates the strongest fan for its size to provide the best cooling and to remove smoke.
What's the difference between 6 W and 7+ W RatRig Laser Units that are available on the market?
Opt Lasers' Laser Heads for RatRig CNCs are based on the highest power laser diodes that are available on the market. Thus, if you see any cnc laser module that uses a single laser diode with an optical power rated at 7 W or 8+ W, it means its laser diode has been overdriven with extra current to increase the power rating. This, however, has an adverse effect on the unit's longevity. From the user's perspective, it is better to use a 6 W RatRig CNC laser, because you will achieve much higher yield over our 6 W laser head's lifetime. Nevertheless, if you are happy with a shorter laser diode lifespan, we could overdrive the laser diode for your RatRig LEAD or KillerBee laser upgrade to 7 W upon customer request.
All Vital Elements are Strictly Free of Plastic to Ensure Top User Safety While Using Your Cutting Laser for RatRig CNC machines
The XF+ cutting and engraving laser unit for RatRig machines, just like the rest of Opt Lasers Grav's laser heads and other products, does not contain crucial elements that are made of plastic. Being aware of what any RatRig CNC machine operation involves as well as its working conditions, Opt Lasers made a decision not to use any plastic in all crucial parts to ensure proper user safety. This is especially important for RatRig CNC machine's laser housing and laser assembly parts. While it might seem that plastic elements in laser upgrade units are safe for use, they can easily crack, bend or break. If that happens, the LEAD CNC or KillerBee CNC user has little to no control over where the scattered or direct laser radiation goes, which constitutes a major safety hazard.
The Kit Includes Innovative LaserDock System:
- LaserDock ensures repeatable and precise working distance positioning of your laser unit without the need for RatRig LEAD / KillerBeeCNC laser working calibration reruns.
- All vital LaserDock parts are plastic-free to maintain top user safety from laser radiation in case of a collision. While it might seem that plastic parts in a laser docking system would the safe to use, they could easily crack, break or bend upon collision. If that happens the user would have little to no control over where the laser radiation goes.
- Ensures quick and effortless laser unit removal when different tools are used on the same RatRig CNC machine.
- Protects the laser head from contamination, which could otherwise affect its lifetime.
- Neodymium magnetic inserts ensure easy mounting as well as stable and repeatable alignment
- Utilizes secure 3-point suspension in between male and female parts of the docking station to uniformly distribute axial forces and minimize the planar distortion of the laser head.
- Enables electronic connection via 5 gold plated contacts.
Includes Our Highest Quality Engraving and Cutting Laser Head - PLH3D-6W-XF+
XF+ is a best-selling 6 W laser from PLH3D Series. Featuring a robust high-quality design, it is a professional high-performance engraving and cutting laser head designed for hobbyists and industrial applications alike. This laser is compatible with every RatRig CNC machine. Even though the kit already includes a power supply unit, the XF+ laser for RatRig CNC Machines is compatible with a wide range of common PSUs. This RatRig CNC laser from Opt Lasers has the strongest-for-its-size fan to provide the best cooling as well as smoke removal. What's more, the kit is shipped with a lens adjusting tool (lens spanner wrench), which facilitates changing the focus distance in case the LEAD CNC or KillerkBee CNC laser user wishes to do so. You can also discover further interesting information about the Cutting and Engraving Laser 6W-Series for RatRig machines. The XF+ laser head can also be bought with an Eco Saver range kit, valued at $629. Nevertheless, it is worth noting that Eco Saver CNC Laser Add-on kits are only compatible with controllers that do not require an enable signal. As such, they might not be compatible with all custom RatRig CNC machine builds. They would however work with the RatRig BlackBox or xPro controller.
Why the PLH3D-CNC Universal Adapter is Beneficial for Controlling Your RatRig CNC Lasing Unit?
The fundamental functionality of the PLH3D-CNC Adapter is to “arm” and “disarm” laser heads for RatRig CNC machines. Arming is understood as turning the laser head power supply on. Once armed, the cutting and engraving laser can then emit the laser processing beam. Conversely, disarming (turning off the laser power supply) brings the RatRig laser unit to a safe state where emitting the laser beam is utterly impossible.
The adapter also provides the means to swiftly check your RatRig LEAD CNC laser by generating a short laser pulse at maximum power. At the same time, this feature also verifies if you wired your LEAD CNC laser head correctly.
Built-in safety features prevent unexpected behavior and misuse in case of an emergency. The key switch guards the cutting RatRig CNC laser against being armed by minors and other unauthorized people. Arming the laser is always done manually by the user (by pressing a button). In addition, special circuitry prevents laser arming in case of any malfunction of the internal electronics.
More importantly, your RatRig CNC laser module is automatically disarmed in case of emergencies such as:
- Disconnecting or Breaking the Laser Head Wire
- Loss of the Power Grid
- Power Supply Unit Failure
Once disarmed, your RatRig laser module from Opt Lasers stays in a safe state and rearming demands the user to press the mode button.
Key PLH3D-CNC Adapter Features:
- One-Second Laser Pulse Test
- Universal Compatibility With All PLH3D Series Laser Heads in Case You Would Like to Get an Upgrade to New Laser Head Releases, our Multi-Laser-Diodes Lasers or Specialized Laser Heads.
- Soft Start
- Built-in Smart Microcontroller
- Indication LEDs - Power, Armed, Laser On
- Two Programmable Enable Inputs
- Two External Safety Terminals (For Instance: Safety Key, E-Stop)
- Automatic Disarm After Power-Off
- Keylock for Preventing Unauthorized People From Usage
- Quality Machined Aluminum Enclosure
- Simple One-Button System (For Arming, Pulse Testing and Adapter Program Setting)
- Bear in mind that your RatRig LEAD or KillerBee CNC PLH3D-6W-XF+ laser is not a toy.
- Laser radiation is dangerous even when scattered or reflected from any type of surface.
- Always use proper protection laser filter on your CNC machine designed for the 430 - 480 nm wavelength band to avoid reflected radiation.
- Never point laser head at animals or other people.
- Do not touch the laser beam, it can cause burns or other injuries.
- Do not glare at the beam or the beam spot while the material is being cut.
- Laser radiation - Avoid eye or skin exposure to scattered or direct radiation.
- Class 4 laser product when properly powered.