X-Carve PLH3D Holder
Delivery time: days
Manufacturer: Opt Lasers
Available quantity: 33 Item Items Last items in stock!
- Quick and simple installation of PLH3D-Series laser heads on Inventables™’ X-Carve® machines
- Compatible with our PLH3D-6W-XF, PLH3D-6W, and PLH3D-2W laser heads, as well as the LaserDock Docking Station
- Has mounting holes on two levels for adapting to different working distances
This X-Carve® Mount allows quick installation of PLH3D-Series laser heads on Inventables™’ X-Carve CNC machines. Using three screws the Mount can be quickly connected to the X-Carve. The laser head can then be connected to the Mount as it would be via the four M3 mounting holes.
The X-Carve Mount for PLH3D-Series has mounting holes on two levels, which allows for different working distances (the distance of the lens to the focus plane) to be set. An appropriate working distance can be chosen depending on the application, including properties of the material and other constraints.
- A shorter working distance for a given lens results in a smaller beam spot size (tighter focus) and thus higher power density. It is often used for higher resolution engraving, higher speed engraving, cutting materials that are either, or any time a higher power density is preferred. However, the beam will also converge and diverge faster for a closer focus, so it is not always recommended for cutting all materials.
- A longer working distance produces a larger beam spot and thus lower power density. It is usually preferred for engraving a wider line, cutting a thicker material due to the reduced convergence and divergence, or when a long distance between the laser head and the plane of the object to be engraved is necessary.
For setting the working distance of the frequently chosen High-Resolution Mounted Triplet Lens for PLH3D-Series, we recommend the PLH3D-Series Focus Adjuster accessory.
This mounting adapter is also designed to be compatible with the LaserDock Docking Station accessory. This allows convenient change of tools and prevents dust particles from contaminating the laser’s optics and electrical contacts.
All necessary mounting hardware for attaching the X-Carve Mount to the X-Carve machine is included.